Skip to content
Title & Affiliation(s):
- Jornada Basin LTER, Executive Committee and Co-Principal Investigator
- Assistant Head of Department, Plant and Environmental Sciences, New Mexico State University
- Professor of Dryland Ecology, Plant and Environmental Sciences, New Mexico State University
- Ji W, Hanan NP, Browning DM, et al. 2019. Constraints on shrub cover and shrub-shrub competition in a U.S. southwestern desert. Ecosphere. 10: e02590. doi: 10.1002/ecs2.2590.
- Koerner SE, Smith MD, Burkepile DE, et al. 2018. Change in dominance determines herbivore effects on plant biodiversity. Nat Ecol Evol. 2: 1925-1932.
- Axelsson CR, Hanan NP. 2018. Rates of woody encroachment in African savannas reflect water constraints and fire disturbance. J Biogeogr. 45: 1209-1218. doi: 10.1111/jbi.13221.
- Hanan NP. 2018. Agroforestry in the Sahel. Nat Geosci. 11: 296-297.
- Kahiu MN, Hanan NP. 2017. Estimation of woody and herbaceous leaf area index in Sub-Saharan Africa using MODIS data. J Geophys Res-Biogeo. 123: 3-17. doi: 10.1002/2017JG004105.
- Collaborative synthesis: the Savanna Network across Africa, Australia and South America, the Grazing Exclosure Consortium, and Fluxnet.