Skip to content
Title & Affiliation(s):
- Co-Principal Investigator, Jornada Basin LTER
- Professor, University of California, Los Angeles, Dept. of Geography
- Adjunct Professor, New Mexico State University, Dept. of Plant & Environmental Sciences
Primary Research Interests:
- arid environments, geomorphology, nutrient cycling, plant-soil interactions, remote sensing, spatial modeling, wind processes
- Webb NP, Okin GS, Bhattachan A, et al. 2019. Ecosystem dynamics and aeolian sediment transport in the southern Kalahari, Afr. J Ecol. (in press).
- Okin GS, Sala OE, Vivoni ER, et al. 2018. The interactive role of wind in water in functioning of drylands: what does the future hold? BioScience. 68: 670-677. doi: 10.1093/biosci/biy067
- Dintwe K, and Okin GS. 2018. Soil organic carbon in savannas decreases with anthropogenic climate change. Geoderma. 309: 7-16.
- Li J, Gilhooly III WP, Okin GS, and Blackwell J. 2017. Abiotic processes are insufficient for fertile island development: a ten-year artificial shrub experiment in a desert grassland. J Geophys Res. 44: 2245-2253. doi: 10.1002/2016GL072068.
- Rutherford WA, Painter TH, Ferrenberg S, et al. 2017. Feedbacks to future climate via climate change impacts on dryland biocrusts. Sci Rep. 7: 44188. doi: 10.1038/srep44188.
- Editor: Reviews of Geophysics
- Associate Editor: Journal of Geophysical Research-Earth Surface
- Subject-Matter Editor: Ecosphere