Skip to content
Title & Affiliation(s):
- Director, Biodesign Center for Fundamental and Applied Microbiomics, ASU
- Dean of Natural Sciences, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, ASU
- Bethany J, Giraldo-Silva A, Nelson C, Barger NN, Garcia-Pichel F. 2019. Optimizing production of nursery-based biological soil crusts for restoration of arid land soils. Appl Environ Microb. doi: 10.1128/AEM.00735-19
- Couradeau E, Giraldo-Silva A, De Martini F, Garcia-Pichel F. 2019. Spatial segregation of the biological soil crust microbiome around its foundational cyanobacterium, Microcoleus vaginatus, and the formation of a nitrogen-fixing cyanosphere. Microbiome 7: 1-12
- Giraldo-Silva A, Nelson C, Barger NN, Garcia-Pichel F. 2019. Nursing biological soil crusts: isolation, biomass production, conditioning and fitness test of indigenous cyanobacteria. Restor Ecol. doi: 10.1111/rec.12920
- Garcia-Pichel F, Barger NN, Giraldo Silva A, Velasco Ayuso S, Nelson CJ. 2017. Microbial nursery production of high-quality biological soil crust biomass for restoration of degraded dryland soils. Appl Environ Microb. 83: e02179-16. doi.org/10.1128/AEM.02179-16.
- Zhou X, Smith H, Belnap J, Garcia-Pichel F. 2016. Differential responses of dinitrogen fixation, diazotrophic cyanobacteria and NH 3 oxidation reveal a potential warming-induced imbalance of the N-cycle in biological soil crusts. PLoS ONE. 11: e0164932.
- President: AZ/NV Branch American Society for Microbiology (2008-2009)
- Distinguished Lecturer: ASM (2010)
- Editor: FEMS Microbiology Reviews (2007-2013)
- Chair: Microbiology Graduate Program at ASU (2006-2010)
- Coordinator: WAESO Bridges to the Doctorate ASU cohorts (2005-2012)